- Don't look for the API key after registering your site with Disqus. It is not available using the default Disqus interface. You will have to go to the Disqus API page.
- Navigate to https://disqus.com/api/applications/ and click on Applications
- Enter your site information and register your application
- On the next page, leave the default settings as they are. You don't need to add or change anything, just click Save changes
- The next screen is a little confusing. At the time of the writing, it seems as you have just refreshed the page. Here, just click on the Details link at the top of the page. I am attaching a screen shot.
- Your new Disqus API Key is found underneath the OAuth settings on the Details screen.
- If you are here just to obtain your Disqus Blog Identifier (aka short name) and API key for Galaxie Blog, continue to the next page. If you're a developer looking into incorporating Disqus into your own site, you may want to take a look at the Common Libraries page.
Next up... how to use the Disqus Blog Identifier and API Key to incorporate Disqus in Galaxie Blog.
This entry was posted on October 6, 2019 at 5:13 PM and has received 95 views.